Monday, December 16, 2013

Recent Dividend Increases

Boeing raised their dividend today 12/16/13 by 50% from $0.485 to $0.73 per share quarterly.  Additionally approved a $10B stock buyback plan expected over next 2-3 years.  I'm a happy shareholder in BA!

Pfizer raised their quarterly dividend today 12/16/13 by 8.3% to $0.26 from $0.24 per share per share quarterly.  That is their 301st consecutive quarterly dividend.  Not a bad record.

General Electric raised their quarterly dividend 16% from $0.19 per share to $0.22 per share.  Another raise I am happy to receive as a shareowner.

Prospect Capital Corporation continues their fractional dividend raises every month through June 2014.  This company is a BDC that pays monthly dividends of $0.113 a share currently.

Walt Disney Company raised their annual dividend 15% from $0.75 per share to $0.86 per share.  A happy owner in a seperate ESPP account from a few years ago.  I wish I had more shares and at the prices I paid in the past.

AT&T raised their quarterly dividend last Friday 2.2% from $0.45 a share to $0.46 per share.

Mastercard raised the quarterly dividend 83% to $1.10 a share.  Also announced was a 10 for 1 stock split with the quarterly dividend being paid at a rate of $0.11 post split.  Mastercard also approved a buyback of $3.5 Billion worth of Class A common shares.

Archer Daniels Midlan raised their quarterly dividend 26% also today from $0.19 to $0.24 per share.  Citing strong cash flow generation an future earnings power.  They plan on changing the policy of paying out 20-25% of earnings in dividends to targeting 25-30% in the future to more directly let shareholders participate in the success.  ADM also announced the intention to buyback 18 million shares or $725 million at current prices back from shareholders by the end of 2014 to offset dilution.

Sources: Etrade Financial Corporation

Disclosure: Long DIS, PSEC, GE, BA


5 comments:

  1. That Boeing dividend raise was massive! Along with the stock nearly doubling in 2013 Boeing has made a lot of stockholders quite happy. Grats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Captain Dividend,

      Yes, I was not expecting that big of an increase, but knew it would likely come around now. Time to start making up for those years of delays and the dividend freeze. I'm also happy to say I own 3M in my Roth IRA with that nice 35% dividend raise and new larger buyback announcement. Keep them raises coming!

      I hope you get to enjoy more dividend raises soon!

      Delete
    2. Wow that's a nice list of increases, well done! All the best in 2014. Btw, I added you to my blogroll so I can keep following your progress. Good luck!

      Delete
  2. Thank you! Yeah I have a few of those stocks paying the increases, but some remain on my watchlist still. So many raises and not enough capital sometimes. Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I'll add you to my blogroll as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. future to more directly let shareholders participate in the success. ADM also announced the intention


    Stock Market

    ReplyDelete