Tuesday, June 3, 2014

May 2014 Dividend Update

 
May has passed and I have turned 28 years old in the process.  I am very happy with the progress I have made within the last year and being able to share the success and failures with like minded investors.  I started June with a little trading activity with some success through options to supplement my dividend strategy.  A little risk and excitement I am willing to take for the potential profit.  I have decided to try and work less hours then usual at work and changed the days I am available.  I may have to pick up some days, but hope to be able to maintain and enjoy my time monitoring companies and investing or trading with the same success.  May was a nice month for me leading up to June which should set a new monthly record in dividends.


Pimco High Income Fund (PHK) $1.65
Deere & Company (DE) $5.74
Linnco (LNCO) $2.48                                                                                                        
Chambers Street Properties (CSG) $0.55
Sociedad Quimica Minera De Chile (SQM) $0.60                                                           
Stone Harbor Emerging Markets Income Fund (EDF) $4.04
Voya Global Div & Equity (IGD) $2.04
Whitestone REIT (WSR) $5.38
Horizon Technology Finance (HRZN) $1.29
Lightstream Resources LTD (LSTMF) $0.33
MAIN Street Capital Corp (MAIN) $1.53
Procter & Gamble Company (PG) $5.18
Solar SR Capital Ltd (SUNS) $1.29+$1.30
Realty Income Corporation (O) $20.04
STAG Industrial REIT (STAG) $1.10
Pengrowth Energy Corporation (PGH) $0.45
Student Transportation Inc (STB) $1.72
Inland Real Estate Corporation (IRC) $0.71
Caterpillar Inc. (CAT) $4.08
American Realty Capital (ARCP) $7.35
Enerplus Corporation (ERF) $6.35
Prospect Capital Corporation. (PSEC) $38.83                                                              
Independence Realty Trust (IRT) $1.21
Gamco Global Gold Natural RSCS & Income (GGN) $8.16
Armour Residential REIT (ARR) $0.11
Reaves Utility Income Fund (UTG) 2.79
Cornerstone Progressive Return Fund (CFP) $7.44
Fifth Street Finance Corporation (FSC) $7.96
Gladstone Capital Corporation (GLAD) $3.19
LTC Properties Inc. (LTC) $5.34



Note:(Wheeler REIT (WHLR) will likely realize May and June dividends in June)

Total Dividends for May 2014=$150.23
Photo Credit: www.marketcyclewealthmanagement.com (Google Images)
 

9 comments:

  1. Hi DS,

    The amount of different companies in your portfolio is quite overwhelming! And last month alone 30 of them paid dividend. How much time do you spend on tracking all news relating to these companies?

    Anyway, it looks to be a great month in terms of income!

    Keep up the good work.

    Best,

    DW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DW,

      I spend a lot of time researching everything investing. maybe more time then a full time day job but at least I feel it's enjoyable to see the success and ups and downs of investing. How many great ones learn from their mistakes and become better. I'd much rather control my own future money then pay someone else who may not put the same time, research, or effort into making me prosperous. All while paying a hefty commission to them for no real extra value.

      Every month looks similar to this because about 26 of these companies are monthly payers. It does get difficult having a few different stocks in a Roth IRA then in this account and funds in my 403b account as well. I do the best I can and so far am happy with the results. I have some risk of a cut here or there, but for the most part have been alright.

      Thanks for stopping by and I hope to follow along with your successes.

      Delete
  2. SWAN,

    Wow! That's a lot of companies there. More power to you if you can track all of them. :)

    Solid month of dividend income. Keep it up! The snowball continues...

    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DM,

      Thanks a lot buddy! A lot of monthly payers mixed in with solid companies that pay quarterly. A little more risk then most with some income players, but so far it's been manageable. I do the best I can following along with so many companies and news stories. It gets kind of exciting to always have something to read, follow, and learn from. If this account doesn't have enough positions I got a few more in my Roth and funds in the 403b. I just wish my company matched that.

      I see you got me doubled up and June will be huge for you. Great Job! Your snowball has already bought a lot of freedom for you!

      Delete
  3. Looking good there SWAN! Keep on depositing $$ when you can, the compounding is already under way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thanks a lot buddy! I anticipate it being a little more difficult to fund at the past 4 year levels, because I make a very small income and voluntarily asked for less hours at work at the same time. Starting in a couple weeks I'll be down to a few days a week instead of 5 days and 40 hrs like before. I did it for 4 years and still am only part time. I don't know how I will go about it, but may pick up some hours here and there. I'm 15 classes from a Bachelors degree but will be very expensive to finish them. I also have to come up with maybe a house or condo at the right time before prices rise too much. Not sure this housing recovery is sustainable or not though.\

      You had another solid month. Great job! Looking forward to a record June as well!

      Delete
  4. You have made a pretty nice dividend income for the month of May which traditionally is a lower month for dividend investors. You sure have a lot of REITs it seems and some closed end funds too. Is this really a SWAN portfolio? Just wondering. Thanks for sharing your income!

    ReplyDelete
  5. DivHut,

    Thanks, I'm happy to receive a good amount of cash in May. Although I reinvest my dividends into more shares of the same companies. I do have a lot of REITS and held Realty Income several years ago and never should have sold it. Needless to say I got back in again. Then I saw some signs of early O in other companies as well. REITS, BDCS, and a few closed end funds make most of monthly income right now. The portfolio is not done yet though. I do SWAN because i enjoy this process so much of researching and learning and this is not my only account. I have a ROTH IRA and a 403(b) too. i have some very good SWAN stocks paying out in June and would like to still diversify and round out my portfolio with more of these that are on the other quarterly schedules.

    I believe at my age this strategy will build into something great, because I rarely go a week without several dividends adding me more shares. i don't know if many people understand this strategy, but I have monthly dividends spread out across the whole month. Sometimes all 5 days the market is open I'll get some shares through DRIP. One day I should be able to live off the income and keep the underlying securities which is the plan, but again nothing is for sure to happen.

    Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete