Saturday, September 5, 2015

Recent Buy and Dividend Update-August 2015

Retirement Plan Stock Image




On Friday September 4, 2015 I purchased 10 shares of Omega Healthcare Investors (OHI) for $32.20 per share. The company has raised their dividend for twelve consecutive quarters.

The month of August has gone by and has taken me to the last two weeks of the summer semester at school. At the same time the dividends have been rolling in without having to do anything differently. Continuing to add new positions in companies as I find more opportunities than I can afford to purchase. Unfortunately Linnco has voted to end the dividend and the company has really struggled. Good thing they are not a big part of my dividends or share count.

Deere & Company (DE) $6.98
Pimco High Income Fund (PHK) $1.91
Gladstone Capital Corporation (GLAD) $3.56
Chambers Street Properties (CSG) $0.60
Whitestone REIT (WSR) $5.93
Horizon Technology Finance Corporation (HRZN) $1.46
MAIN Street Capital Corporation (MAIN) $1.81
Enerplus Corporation (ERF) $2.89
Inland Real Estate Corporation (IRC) $0.76
Independence Realty Trust (IRT) $1.33
Procter & Gamble Corporation (PG) $5.55
Realty Income Corporation (O) $22.15
Stag Industrial Inc. (STAG) $1.29
Voya Global Equity Dividend and Premium Opportunity Fund (IGD) $2.29
Pengrowth Energy Corporation (PGH) $0.21
Student Transportation Inc. (STB) $1.62
Linnco LLC (LNCO) $1.25
Caterpillar Inc. (CAT) $5.43
Prospect Capital Corporation (PSEC) $37.04
Gamco Global Gold Natural Resources & Income Fund (GGN) $7.35
Southern Copper Corporation (SCCO) $1.33
Stone Harbor Emerging Markets Income Fund (EDF) $4.72
Cornerstone Strategic Value Fund (CLM) $8.25
Fifth Street Finance Corporation (FSC) $6.54
Gladstone Capital Corporation (GLAD (2nd dividend) $3.59
LTC Properties Inc. (LTC) $5.67
Reaves Utility Income Fund (UTG) $3.30
Wheeler REIT (WHLR) $2.67

August 2015 Total: $147.48



Photo Sources: http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/retirement-plan-photo-p304900
http://www.annualreports.com/Company/omega-healthcare-investors

8 comments:

  1. Nice looking month for dividend income with a few names in common with my portfolio. You definitely have a diverse income stream for August which is always comforting in case a dividend payment craps out. Nice OHI buy too. I'm sticking with the big three health REITs for now and CCP once I see how their dividends are paid out going forward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DivHut,

      It is good to have a lot of payers in case the oil drop kills a lot of dividends. Many different sectors can compensate for the loss of income.

      OHI is a stock I should have bought years ago too. Got a good price and yield amount for not too much capital. Adding $22 in forward annual income regularly could add up.

      Delete
  2. OHI is a great pick. Congratulations on the dividend income! I will probably pick up some more REITs this month.

    -DD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dividend Driven,

      Thank you! I love the Reits and my portfolio shows it. It's hard not to want to keep adding more of them still. Realty Income is a compounding buy and hold forever machine I think.

      Delete
  3. Wow...such a long and diverse list of companies paying you dividends! I can certainly see why you Sleep Well At Night! ;) Although we only have 2 in our family's dividend stocks portfolio but also see a couple others that are on our watch list.

    Keep up the great work! AFFJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AFFJ,

      It's good to know no matter what there is a high likelihood that several companies will be depositing more $ and shares into my account every month. Whether I am awake doing homework, sleeping, at work, or at school it keeps on working on my behalf.

      Delete
  4. Impressive lists of businesses that you own there. Diversify is key for SWAN investor :) it's unlikely for multiple businesses to cut dividend. Most dividend aristocrats would rather cut cost from laying off employee than to slash their dividends. I wish I was doing this a lot sooner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vivianne,

      I've suffered more cuts than I would like, but they haven't had too big of an impact at least with not huge positions in those stocks. Diversification is definitely one of my friends when it comes to monthly dividend income.

      I also wish I started earlier, but you are still pretty young actually. I am happy that you found the strategy and implementing it too.

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete