Saturday, January 4, 2014

December 2013 Dividend Update and 2014 Goals


December has passed and wrapped up the year that was 2013!  What a great run it was for most investors in equities.  It left many high quality dividend stocks priced at high levels.  Time to look forward to 2014 and make some goals.  My goals will be to continue my strategy of finding quality dividend paying stocks and reinvest the dividends to gain an ever increasing stream of income.  When the opportunity arises I may try to chase some options to boost capital to buy more shares of stocks.

My goals for 2014 are to get as many classes I can finish in school and cover the expenses involved without taking on any, or very little debt.  I will target a goal of getting to $2,700 in dividends in 2014.  Ideally I'd like to double my dividends for as many years as I can, but I have to make the goal achievable and hope to be able to underpromise and overdeliver!






Cole Real Estate Investments (COLE) $1.59
Ford Motor Company (F) $2.13
Wheeler Real Estate Investments (WHLR) $2.27
Solar Senior Capital Ltd. (SUNS) $1.25
Southside Bancshares Inc. (SBSI) $11.08
Boeing Company (BA) $10.92
ExxonMobil Corporation (XOM) $6.97
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) $2.23
United States Steel Corporation (X) $0.37
Whitestone REIT (WSR) $5.20
CSX Corporation (CSX) $1.74
American Realty Capital Properties (ARCP) $3.67
ING Global Equity and Dividend Opportunity Fund (IGD) $1.96
CocaCola Company (KO) $6.02
Horizon Technology Finance Corporation (HRZN) $1.24
Kellogg Company (K) $7.66
Lightstream Resources Ltd. (LSTMF) $0.68
MAIN Street Capital Corporation (MAIN) $1.44
Realty Income Corporation (O) $19.52
Inland Real Estate Corporation (IRC) $0.70
Mcdonald's Corporation (MCD) $30.85
STAG Industrial REIT (STAG) $1.02
Pengrowth Energy Corporation (PGH) $0.45
Prospect Capital Corporation (PSEC) $36.91
Waste Management Inc. (WM) $5.75
Gamco Global Gold Natural Resources & Income Trust (GGN) $10.35
Enerplus Corporation (ERF) $6.21
MAIN Street Capital Corporation (MAIN) (2nd Dividend Special) $2.26
RLI Corp (RLI)  $6.68
Sociedad Quimica Minera De Chile (SQM) $3.37
Armour Residential REIT (ARR) $0.10
Cornerstone Progessive Return Fund (CFP) $7.62
Fifth Street Finance Corporation (FSC) $4.59
Gladstone Capital Corporation (GLAD) $3.08
LTC Properties Inc. (LTC) $5.22
Wheeler Real Estate Investments $2.29


December 2013 Total Dividends: 215.39


Photo Credit: www.marketcyclewealthmanagement.com (Google Images)

15 comments:

  1. Nice month. Good luck to you in 2014 and hope you meet your goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FFdividend,

      Thank you! I hope ou meet your goals too! 2013 was a good year for many of us and hopefully 2014 continues and can be a breakout year for us. Thanks for stoppping by!

      Delete
  2. Heck of month sir. Looks like you've got an absolute ton of BDCs in your portfolio. Should be an interesting group of companies to follow as interest rates begin to rise. Many of them have floating rate investments which should help to offset the higher cost of capital.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. writing2reality,

      Thanks for stopping by! Yeah this was the first time if I actuallly took my dividends in cash it could have covered my car payment. Good to see the progress I made in 2013 with dividend investing. Yeah I like my REIT's and BDC's you can say. I hope they are sustainable for the most part. If not we'll see how well they hold up as interest rates rise. FSC and a closed end fund GGN just made dividend cuts. The prices dropped and yield is still high so I'm holding on. Hopefully they are preparing well since they had time to position themselves.

      Hope we have a great 2014!

      I'll add you to my blogroll soon

      Delete
  3. Oooh! I don't remember you hitting $200 before, congratulations!

    Haha I prefer to over deliver too. It's hard to predict future dividend increases so I forecast very conservatively as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Over $200 for a month sure is nice! Ideally I'd overpromise and overdeliver, but it doesn't hurt to err on the side of caution. In most of my dividend forecasts I use 5% DG which is well below the average organic growth that the companies I own have delivered. Best of luck in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Passive Income Pursuit,

      Yes, it was nice to cross over the $200 mark. It was the first time if I took the dividends as cash instead of reinvesting them I could cover my car payment. Making some progress sometimes slower then I'd like, but pushing forward. I see what you mean on setting challenging goals that you may believe are too hard and then beating them. That works as long as if something happens where you are unable to meet them you don't get too discouraged or quit.

      Delete
  5. Compounding Income

    You are correct this was the first time I have hit $200. It felt good to be able to cross a new milestone and make some progress. Thank you very much! I appreciate your support. I actually just made a pretty big gain on a Ford Call option I bought on Dec 20th and sold it yesterday. Looking at literally 100's of companies I might want to add. Right now interested a lot in UTG and may join you with LNCO very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. $25,000 Dividends,

      I am finally starting to climb a little bit on the dividend charts :) I see you, Dividend Mantra, and Dividend Pipeline are really running away with the dividends! Hope to join in too.

      Delete
  7. We did really feel the spirit of Christmas because of the good dividends that we had. Hope that it continue for our Real Estate Investment to make sure that all things will go well. Things might get hard but as long as we know how to deal with our business right I think everything will be clear.

    http://www.realestateinvestment-australia.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Recently i m searching about this and i found your blog really you doing great work and your writing skills is very nice


    invest in stocks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tyler,

      I'm glad you have been researching investments and dividends. Thanks for the compliments and I hope you continue to join us on the dividend journey.

      Delete
  9. Great post i like your work you
    You know about gold investment?

    Unitedhealth Group Stock Price

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post!!! Would like to hear you again. Everyone needs updated information so that investment can get easy and provide higher benefits. Here is another portal which allows you to analyze best dividend stock Australia.

    ReplyDelete