Friday, May 2, 2014

April 2014 Dividend Update




April was another great month for dividend investors as the payouts kept on coming.  The cumulative amounts are rising slow and steady month by month in the account.  Eventually before long it will multiply, expand, and buy my way to freedom if I so choose.  Not only was it a good month for regular dividends, but the month was filled of several dividend raises.  I remain convinced that this investment strategy is one of the best ways to build wealth and by focusing on companies that share their success with you are the way to go.  Not only do many of the high quality companies share some of the profits, but they increase it regularly. This makes one feel safe and valued to invest in such fine businesses.  My April 2014 dividends are as follows:




Wheeler REIT (WHLR) $2.36
Reaves Utility Income Fund (UTG) $2.78
Student Transportation (STB) $1.70
Linn Co LLC (LNCO) $2.46
Independence Realty Trust (IRT) $1.20
Chambers Street Properties (CSG) $0.55
LTC Properties Inc (LTC) $5.31
Gladstone Capital Corp (GLAD) $3.17
Fifth Street Finance Corp (FSC) $7.89
Cornerstone Progressive Return Fund (CFP) $7.33
Armour Residential REIT (ARR) $0.10
General Electric Company (GE) $3.57
Stone Harbor Emerging Markets Fund (EDF) $4.00
Gamco Global Gold Natural Resources & Income (GGN) $8.08
Enerplus Corporation (ERF) $6.33
Prospect Capital Corp (PSEC) $38.43
Inland Real Estate Corp (IRC) $0.71
Pengrowth Energy Corp (PGH) $0.45
STAG Industrial REIT (STAG) $1.09
Main Street Capital Corp (MAIN) $1.52
ING Global Dividend & Equity Opportunity (IGD) $2.02
Windstream Corp (WIN) $5.84
Realty Income Corp (O) $19.95
Lightstream Resources LTD (LSTMF) $0.33
Horizon Technology Finance Corp (HRZN) $1.28
American Realty Capital (ARCP) $7.30
Whitestone REIT (WSR) $5.35
Solar Sr Capital Ltd (SUNS) $1.28
Pimco High Income Fund (PHK) $1.63
The CocaCola Company (KO) $6.61

 

April 2014 Total: $150.62








Photo Credit: www.marketcyclewealthmanagement.com (Google Images)



 

8 comments:

  1. Interesting portfolio compared to others I have seen online. It looks a lot more aggressive than most. Would you say you are more focused on current dividend yield as opposed to dividend growth? Still a nice looking portfolio that is generating some good cash for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DivHut,

      I acknowledge I have taken on a bit more risk for some of higher starting yields. I am overweight my dividend income from REITS and BDC'S mainly. I would love to balance it out with safer yields, but am very limited with capital from my job. I do have solid blue chip companies in the portfolio to back up at least some of the income if dividend cuts occur. I have been happy with the income these high yielders produce.

      Another component is I love the monthly reinvestments for quicker compounding and even better is spreading the pay dates out throught the whole month. As long as the company is able to maintain the dividend or even raise it I will receive more income the next time 30 days pass by. I think the DRIP's will work extremely well for me as I have 20+ companies that pay monthly dividends.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the dividend income, DS.
    Thats a nice round number for a relatively slow month for dividend payouts.

    Best wishes
    R2R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. R2R,

      Thanks for the encouragement buddy! Your comment fell on my 28th Bday too. My dividend income really started to pick up during the last calendar year.

      Hope you are doing well!

      Delete
  3. Nice month...and wow! 30 companies paid you dividends in one month. Looks like you are very well diversified. How many total companies do you have in your portfolio? Do you have a target maximum?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AFFJ,

      Thank you! I think I am id 40's for companies in my portfolio. I don't really have a maximum where I will automatically stop. I might have a lot more companies to onitor then most because some risk in certain holdings. I don't own any Unilever, Clorox, Colgate Palmolive, Sysco, Cisco, Royal Dutch Shell, etc. yet. So there are still many great companies I have no ownernship in. However, I would like to add to many existing positions at the same time. I like spreading out the onthly dividends across the month so I close as many gaps as possible. I am starting to feel like adding to some solid dividend growth companies for awhile now so I can balance any risk in being too overweight BDC's and REIT's although a few I think may be too cheap to ignore right now.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete