Friday, June 5, 2015

Recent Buy




It has been quite a while since I have made a purchase outside of my regular Disney investments I have started and my contributions to my work retirement plans. Earlier today on June 5, 2015 I added another 12 shares of CocaCola (KO) stock at $40.15. This will add another $3.96 to the next quarterly dividend. Not only am I a happy shareholder of the company, but a fan of the company and their classic products. I consume a lot of CocaCola and Pepsico products and find no reason not to own shares in these wonderful businesses in my portfolio.

About the Company: The Coca-Cola Company is a beverage company. The Company owns or licenses and markets more than 500 nonalcoholic beverage brands, primarily sparkling beverages but also a variety of still beverages, such as waters, enhanced waters, juices and juice drinks, ready-to-drink teas and coffees, and energy and sports drinks. It owns and markets a range of nonalcoholic sparkling beverage brands, which includes Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Fanta and Sprite. The Company makes its beverage products available to consumers throughout the world through its network of Company-owned or controlled bottling and distribution operations as well as independent bottling partners, distributors, wholesalers and retailers. The Company's segments include Eurasia and Africa, Europe, Latin America, North America, Asia Pacific, Bottling Investments and Corporate. The Company markets, manufactures and sells beverage concentrates, and finished sparkling and still beverages.

What do you think about KO?

Source: E*trade Financial

Photo Source: https://plus.google.com/+Coca-Cola/videos

12 comments:

  1. Div SWAN,

    Nothing wrong with adding shares in this dividend king. Congrats on the purchase and increase in forward dividend income. Thank you for sharing and keep up the great work.

    All the best.

    FD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forward Dividends,

      I was just in Europe and Coca-Cola was carried just about everywhere. I like the product as I also like PepsiCo and there food and snack lineup.

      Keep on rolling in your dividends too!

      Delete
  2. SWAN,
    Coke was on my shopping list this week too. And I mean the stock, not drink:) Can't argue with 53 years of rising dividends.
    Best Regards, Lord

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dividend Lord,

      That's great! Try to get in at a good price before the ex date so you can enjoy a bigger paycheck when they pay July 01. They should be able to raise the dividend for quite awhile longer with how much I and many others love the drink.

      Delete
  3. Nice buy DivSWAN. Can't go wrong with a company that has a 52-year history of consecutive dividend increases! Plus, a great yield above 3%. Way to add to that passive income stream! BTW...we've added your buy to your Collection of Recent Buys. Thanks for sharing. Best Regards. AFFJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AFFJ,

      Yeah I like PepsiCo a lot too with beverages and snacks, but Coke is great too and the price is reasonable at the same time. Near a point where can start building as larger position. I checked out that section you got there. I love that collection you are starting.

      Thanks for adding me to your collection and following the journey.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing your recent KO buy. It's a dividend SWAN to say the least but really hasn't been making the rounds among the dividend bloggers lately. I'm guessing many can' get passed the current valuations of the stock. Of course, under $40 I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot more buys. I would love to add more to my position as well as PEP. Keep growing that dividend snowball.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DivHut,

      I owned PepsiCo longer than I've owned KO because I like the snacks and the drink too. They have so many great brands, but KO price was right for me this time. One day when I can get more capital I'd like to significantly increase Pepsi shares.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. You did yourself a solid buying KO, although I like PEP better as a whole I think KO will bring a smile to your face for years to come. It's also nice owning companies whose products you regularly use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Captain Dividend,

      I use both PEP and KO products quite often. I was just in several European countries and Coca-Cola was offered mostly everywhere. I had to make sure I took advantage of that and drink me some.

      All the best to you Captain!

      Delete
  6. KO is a great stock for each and every investor! I don't like soft drinks that much, but I also see growth in their "other" products that seem to progress more and more. Can't go wrong with it! Not sure if price is currently fairly valued, but that is still a solid buy.

    Cheers,

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DivGuy,

      I think they will be around for a long while later. I am not on board with the hatred of their staple products and think people should be allowed to choose what they want. I happen to like their soft drinks, but there is also growth in energy drinks with them owning stakes in Monster Beverage and some other brands.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete