Friday, October 23, 2015

2 Recent Buys



On October 21, 2015 I purchased 20 shares of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCAU). I should have gotten into this stock when it was trading in the lower single digits and never did. This might be the only stock I have that does not pay a dividend. There was just enough catalyst to get me to do it. I can see the Ferrari (RACE) shares I will receive in January as free stock dividend spinoff similar to a dividend. The company itself I think should do great and who knows what kind of mergers or acquisitions will go on in the autos in the coming years.


On a purchase dated October 26, 2015 I also purchased 1.3478 shares of The Walt Disney Company (DIS) for $110.52 per share.

What does everyone think about these 2 companies? Will Fiat Chrysler payoff over the long term or initiate a dividend like GM and Ford have done for us?

Photo Sources:http://www.trendzulu.com/2015/07/01/the-walt-disney-company-dis-has-decided-to-merge-two-of-its-units-to-effectively-cater-to-the-tech-savvy-consumer-preferences-these-days/
https://blackburnnews.com/chatham/chatham-news/2015/10/22/uaw-ratifies-deal-with-fiat-chrysler/




4 comments:

  1. Nice buy with DIS. Not sure I care to own any stock that doesn't pay a dividend though. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree with you! I wouldn't invest in a stock that doesn't pay a dividend because I'm 100 % dividend growth investing.

      Good for DIS!

      Mike

      Delete
    2. I am above 98.5% dividend investing, but I doubt I am going to regret that purchase and may even add more. I think the spinoff of shares and many other catalyst are going to work out well for shareholders. Hopefully they will initiate a dividend sooner than later as well.

      Delete
    3. I am adding $150 a month to Disney monthly. I think FCAU will turn out good for me after the spinoff I'll have some shares of RACE I can use to do what I want with. Between those 2 I can make money and I am reinvesting and receiving dividends from her 70 companies.

      Delete