Sunday, November 3, 2013

Dividend Update-October 2013




October has passed and I am glad to report my dividend income for the month. I received some money for owning a portion of the some of the World's top companies. Some of these companies I purchased years ago and some more recently, but all provided me the opportunity to just let the shares sit in my account while they continue to meet their operations and grow their business. In the process of growing the business they decided to reward me as a loyal shareholder. I feel blessed and appreciated to be rewarded with this passive income. I agree with companies decisions to pay out dividends to shareholders, because I would rather have a portion of the earnings then trust a manager to have the opportunity to squander it or reinvest it in ways that for whatever reason don't work out during an uncertain economy. I continue my plan with the structure being to reinvest it back into the businesses that paid the dividend and compound my shares and dividend income month after month and year after year. My October 2013 dividend income was as follows:




Cole Real Estate Investments (COLE)$1.58
CocaCola Company (KO)                   $5.98
Solar Senior Capital Ltd. (SUNS)       $1.24
Whitestone REIT (WSR)                     $5.13  
American Realty Capital Properties (ARCP)    $3.51
ING Global Equity and Dividend Premium Opportunity Fund (IGD) $1.92
Horizon Technology Finance Corporation (HRZN) $1.22
Lightstream Resources Ltd. (LSTMF) $0.69
MAIN Street Capital Corporation (MAIN)  $1.42
Realty Income Corporation (O)  $19.35
STAG Industrial REIT (STAG)  $3.00
Windstream Holdings Inc. (WIN) $5.50
Pengrowth Energy Corporation (PGH) $0.46
Inland Real Estate Corporation (IRC)  $0.69
Enerplus Corporation (ERF)   $6.15
Gamco Global Gold Natural Resources & Income Fund (GGN) $10.11
Prospect Capital Corporation (PSEC)  $36.19
General Electric Company  (GE) $3.03
Cornerstone Progessive Return Fund (CFP) $7.38
Fifth Street Finance Corporation (FSC)  $8.63
Gladstone Capital Corporation (GLAD) $3.03
LTC Properties Inc. (LTC)  $5.17
Wheeler REIT (WHLR)  $1.21
Armour Residential REIT (ARR) $0.10



October 2013 Total Dividends: 132.68


Photo Credit: www.marketcyclewealthmanagement.com (Google Images)

6 comments:

  1. Nice total for the month, Thats a long list of company. How many do you have in your portfolio?

    ReplyDelete
  2. FFdividend,

    Thank you! You are not doing so bad for yourself and still not too much older then me. I have about 40 stocks in my portfolio that actively contribute to my dividend totals. It may continue to grow into the future as well. I highlight this account with my dividends and leave out my ROTH IRA and 403(b) for the most part. Maybe one day I'll include those here too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SWAN,

    Great month! You're doing fantastic for someone your age. You'll be killing it in your 30's. :)

    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dividend Mantra,

    Thank you! Yeah I am happy with the progress made so far. I would love to be able to be similar to where u are at in my 30's. Thank you for inspiring us in the DGI community!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a solid base started considering that you're 27. I wish I was averaging $100+ per month back then, but I didn't "see the light" that is DGI until around that time. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Passive Income Pursuit,

    Thank you! I'm glad I was able to find dividend investing pretty early. I also spent several years investing without my current focus on dividend income. It is not easy or very quick, but it works. Glad that you joined us! I'll definetly be following along and add you to my list soon.

    ReplyDelete